I don’t know about you but I’m feeling the effects of the Easter eating.I failed on every temptation put in front of me. My weaknesses are red wine and dark chocolate. I’m no connoisseur I will add when it comes to chocolate, but I do love an 80% dark chocolate ..if that makes sense lol.
So with time off to spend with family and friends, you can imagine there was a few family meals and glass of vino. I need a cleanse and here is what I recommend and I will be doing.
- Avoid the temptation, I know that your house may be teaming with Easter Eggs, but just ask yourself do you really need it or is it because you know that it’s in the fridge. Do you really want it? Are you stressed – when we are stressed you will crave carbs and all things nice, make sure that your stress levels are nice and low.
- Keep to your regular meals times, skipping breakfast, lunch or dinner with the result in becoming even hungry throughout the day. Your blood sugar level will become imbalanced and you will probably crave chocolate even more. Include a protein source with each meal e.g.: chicken, turkey, beef, fish or beans and lentils if you’re vegetarian. Trust me!
- Include a green a powerful antioxidant boosting smoothie to your day. Make sure it contains more veggies than fruit.Add veggies like broccoli, kale, spinach cucumbers with a handful of mint, delish! Sometimes we’re missing vital vitamins and mineral and fibre and a mouthwatering smoothie like this will help to kick the cravings.
- Keep hydrated, we know that we need to drink at least 1.5 litres a day, but do you ? Especially if you have been drinking alcohol or caffeine we become even more dehydrated. Invest in a BPA-free bottle, that way you will know exactly how much you are drinking. Don’t drink at meal times- this washes away your digestive enzymes.
- Make sure that you are keeping active- it doesn’t matter what your activity is, as long as you enjoy it and your sweating. Sounds simple- it is! Make sure that your exercise at least 3-4 times a week. It is such a great feeling when you’re finished, that’s the endorphins that are produced in our brains- happy chemicals. Along with that, it encourages the body to detoxify the fat cells and kick cravings.